Wednesday, October 1, 2008

You Get Butt Home Right Now. . Henry at 33mos

My darlings Jack and Henry

You two are such amazing boys and I hate missing every day with you both. I know that you both are growing and changing every day. . .and one day I won't remember the silly things you did.

Currently, at 2 and 9 months, Henry, you are verbally excelling as well as amazing me at the way you put concepts together and are such a productive child when you want to be. Our usual eveningtime is mommy coming home around 5:30 and we get ready for dinner, eat together (the three of us) and hope that Daddy will get off work by 7:30 so that he can come and help putyou to bed. Usually around 6PM Daddy calls to tell us whether he is coming home. Usually you ask to speak with him.

A few weeks ago, when you were just starting to repeat things that I say with accuracy, I said to you "Tell Daddy to get his butt home for dinner." That day you told Daddy: "get yours butt home now, right now!" in a very stern and serious manner. Because both Daddy and I thought it was funny, you now repeat it in every conversation you have with Daddy.

Also right now, you like to pray before bed. I am not sure where you figured out to put your head down and close your eyes, but you do this. We usually thank Jesus for all the things he has given us and pray for all the people in our lives. You love to start with Meema and Papa and go through all the family by name. Then you are ready for bed. You also like the number 7 (although in soccer you are 8 because there were no more 7s left- sorry if this haunts you as a teenager- your dad is really into what number he is for soccer). Daddy told you that you can't get up until your clock reads "7" and so nowyou usually like it when there are two 7s, which you will point out to me when you see them. I love how much you love learning right now and how much you like school.

You are also a wonderful artist. You love coloring in your coloring books and will do so for long periods of time. I am often amazed at how you are able to concentrate at trains, or trucks, or coloring, when you want to. In soccer, you like to listen to your coach and do a great job of following directions and talking to adults. I am so happy you like to have conversations with people and are not shy about meeting new friends.

Jack, you are almost 10 months old and the fastest crawler I have seen! You are definitely interested in experimenting with walking, but being such an excellent crawler, you often resort to your expereienced mode of transportation. I love coming home to see your face light up when I walk in the room. It might be because I am your favorite food source, but I like to think we have a wonderful bond. You are starting to sleep better and longer at night. My beanpole child though, you do like a midnight snack or two. I try to think back to when Henry was your age and he was definitely more of a thinker than a crawler. He was very calculating about where and when he wanted to get somewhere, but you just go! Thank god we put the gates up about a week before you took off because now you climb to the gate, climb up and shake as hard as you can. You also will try to climb anything that appears to be climb-able. Hopefully you will outgrow this before the time comes to get out of your crib!

Your smile is infetious and you will give it away to whomever you fancy, as long as you are not tired!

I can't believe how much you both have been growing!

No comments: